Herochat

So, Superman - Rebirth and onwards

Upper_Krust

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: So, Superman - Rebirth and onwards
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 03:13:58 PM »
I just got the first Trade for Superman Rebirth a few days ago (I don't as yet have the Action Comics Rebirth trade, but I'll probably pick that up also in a few weeks).

+ I like the art, its got character to it, it LOOKS like a comic (unlike Darkseid War).
+ The colours are good and they (smartly) use pale and bright colours for most of the backgrounds making the characters in the foreground pop.
+ I like the basic idea of (literally) 'the old' Superman coming back.
+ Superman having a son has potential...lets hope it doesn't all go Bryan Singer on us.
+ Decent Action scenes (for a modern comic).
+ Even though its not mentioned in this trade I am intrigued by the whole Mr Oz/Watchmen 'infiltration'; I mean who the **** doesn't want to see Supes take on Dr Manhatten!?

- Its STILL decompressed (four issues for the Eradicator story) but its not as bad as other comics I have read - the stories seemed to average around 75 panels.
- The cover to Issue #1 (and the trade) is (IMO) terrible, but I really like all the other covers.
- Lois manages to assemble/get into the Bat Armour within 'half a page' (of time).
- Batman has a suit of armour that can go toe-to-toe with the Eradicator...god-damned Batman....cool armour though.

Conclusion: Enjoyable enough, exciting enough and interesting enough to keep reading, though hopefully they up the pace a tad.

Overall: 7.5/10

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:14 PM »
I liked the new 52 outfit if they got rid of the pointless lines on the blue costume. Kind of liked the collar and pointed sleeves

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 03:44:17 PM »
I just got the first Trade for Superman Rebirth a few days ago (I don't as yet have the Action Comics Rebirth trade, but I'll probably pick that up also in a few weeks).

+ I like the art, its got character to it, it LOOKS like a comic (unlike Darkseid War).
+ The colours are good and they (smartly) use pale and bright colours for most of the backgrounds making the characters in the foreground pop.
+ Superman having a son has potential...lets hope it doesn't all go Bryan Singer on us.
+ Even though its not mentioned in this trade I am intrigued by the whole Mr Oz/Watchmen 'infiltration'; I mean who the **** doesn't want to see Supes take on Dr Manhatten!?

- Its STILL decompressed (four issues for the Eradicator story) but its not as bad as other comics I have read - the stories seemed to average around 75 panels.
- The cover to Issue #1 (and the trade) is (IMO) terrible, but I really like all the other covers.
- Lois manages to assemble/get into the Bat Armour within 'half a page' (of time).
- Batman has a suit of armour that can go toe-to-toe with the Eradicator...god-damned Batman....cool armour though.

Conclusion: Enjoyable enough, exciting enough and interesting enough to keep reading, though hopefully they up the pace a tad.

If it's the Hellbat armor it took the entire league to forge, including Supes, so...

Upper_Krust

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »

If it's the Hellbat armor it took the entire league to forge, including Supes, so...

Ah okay, that makes sense then. I thought it was something Batman had just rustled up* in his spare time.

*from a box of scraps...?

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 01:28:15 AM »
Just read Superman 7. Best comic of the year.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
I haven't read it. Do you think it will be the best of the entire year, or do you mean Jan-16 to Jan-17?

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »
I haven't read it. Do you think it will be the best of the entire year, or do you mean Jan-16 to Jan-17?
Last year I meant. Just a regular day in Superman's life.

Last two pages are golden.