Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: So, Superman - Rebirth and onwards  (Read 3650 times)

Gamma Burst

• Masonic
  • The Flaw in Everything
    • View Profile
Re: So, Superman - Rebirth and onwards
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2016, 02:07:46 AM »

And January is already shaping up to be epic!

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON
Art by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
Covers by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
Variant cover by ANDREW ROBINSON

“MULTIPLICITY” part one! The New Super-Man of China has been taken! The Red Son Superman of Earth-30 has been beaten! And who knows what’s happened to Sunshine Superman! Someone is collecting Supermen across the Multiverse—this looks like a job for our Kal-El as he is joined by Justice Incarnate in this multi-Earth epic!

On sale JANUARY 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/12/exclusive-/1

Panthergod

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2016, 02:34:40 AM »

*orgasms*

Mightily Oats

• Crisis Actor
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 06:41:00 AM »

Is that a black, female Superman?

PS hahahaha Sunshine Superman.

Someone is a Donovan fan.

Abhilegend

• Crisis Actor
  • Long live the Legion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »

New costume.

The Shuruku Demon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »

I didn't like the recent costume he's been wearing, so this is certainly an improvement. I'd probably prefer it if they just went back to the classic look to be honest, but I get that alot of people (including Morrison, I think) had an issue with the "underpants" on the outside thing, even if that didn't bother me much.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2017, 03:21:40 AM »

I didn't like the recent costume he's been wearing, so this is certainly an improvement. I'd probably prefer it if they just went back to the classic look to be honest, but I get that alot of people (including Morrison, I think) had an issue with the "underpants" on the outside thing, even if that didn't bother me much.

Honestly; the "Underpants" on the outside kind of make sense.

Your wearing a skin tight body stocking, maybe dude doesn't want to show all his kibble and bits you know what I mean?

The Shuruku Demon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2017, 06:24:34 AM »

I always figured the "underpants" were part of the tights, rather than a separate piece he has to step into with the tights already on.

That said, Deadpool did once comment that Spider-Man's costume was so tight he could tell his religion, so maybe you're onto something.

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »

I just got the first Trade for Superman Rebirth a few days ago (I don't as yet have the Action Comics Rebirth trade, but I'll probably pick that up also in a few weeks).

+ I like the art, its got character to it, it LOOKS like a comic (unlike Darkseid War).
+ The colours are good and they (smartly) use pale and bright colours for most of the backgrounds making the characters in the foreground pop.
+ I like the basic idea of (literally) 'the old' Superman coming back.
+ Superman having a son has potential...lets hope it doesn't all go Bryan Singer on us.
+ Decent Action scenes (for a modern comic).
+ Even though its not mentioned in this trade I am intrigued by the whole Mr Oz/Watchmen 'infiltration'; I mean who the **** doesn't want to see Supes take on Dr Manhatten!?

- Its STILL decompressed (four issues for the Eradicator story) but its not as bad as other comics I have read - the stories seemed to average around 75 panels.
- The cover to Issue #1 (and the trade) is (IMO) terrible, but I really like all the other covers.
- Lois manages to assemble/get into the Bat Armour within 'half a page' (of time).
- Batman has a suit of armour that can go toe-to-toe with the Eradicator...god-damned Batman....cool armour though.

Conclusion: Enjoyable enough, exciting enough and interesting enough to keep reading, though hopefully they up the pace a tad.

Overall: 7.5/10
You address Omnipotence...tread carefully.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »

I liked the new 52 outfit if they got rid of the pointless lines on the blue costume. Kind of liked the collar and pointed sleeves
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »

I just got the first Trade for Superman Rebirth a few days ago (I don't as yet have the Action Comics Rebirth trade, but I'll probably pick that up also in a few weeks).

+ I like the art, its got character to it, it LOOKS like a comic (unlike Darkseid War).
+ The colours are good and they (smartly) use pale and bright colours for most of the backgrounds making the characters in the foreground pop.
+ Superman having a son has potential...lets hope it doesn't all go Bryan Singer on us.
+ Even though its not mentioned in this trade I am intrigued by the whole Mr Oz/Watchmen 'infiltration'; I mean who the **** doesn't want to see Supes take on Dr Manhatten!?

- Its STILL decompressed (four issues for the Eradicator story) but its not as bad as other comics I have read - the stories seemed to average around 75 panels.
- The cover to Issue #1 (and the trade) is (IMO) terrible, but I really like all the other covers.
- Lois manages to assemble/get into the Bat Armour within 'half a page' (of time).
- Batman has a suit of armour that can go toe-to-toe with the Eradicator...god-damned Batman....cool armour though.

Conclusion: Enjoyable enough, exciting enough and interesting enough to keep reading, though hopefully they up the pace a tad.

If it's the Hellbat armor it took the entire league to forge, including Supes, so...
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 10:54:31 PM »

If it's the Hellbat armor it took the entire league to forge, including Supes, so...

Ah okay, that makes sense then. I thought it was something Batman had just rustled up* in his spare time.

*from a box of scraps...?
You address Omnipotence...tread carefully.

Abhilegend

• Crisis Actor
  • Long live the Legion
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2017, 06:28:15 AM »

Just read Superman 7. Best comic of the year.

XerxesTWD

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »

I haven't read it. Do you think it will be the best of the entire year, or do you mean Jan-16 to Jan-17?

Abhilegend

• Crisis Actor
  • Long live the Legion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »

I haven't read it. Do you think it will be the best of the entire year, or do you mean Jan-16 to Jan-17?
Last year I meant. Just a regular day in Superman's life.

Last two pages are golden.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]