Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Current whereabouts of Wonder Man?  (Read 1855 times)

Average John

• Norbit
    • View Profile
Current whereabouts of Wonder Man?
« on: July 19, 2016, 10:13:03 PM »

Is he currently appearing anywhere?

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
Re: Current whereabouts of Wonder Man?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »

He's still inside of Rogue:

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 06:33:17 PM »

Nay, I believe he has been since pulled out of her but hasn't been seen since.

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:46 PM »

As I recall, his consciousness is expunged from her mind, but she still retains his ionic energy and powers.

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 01:16:00 AM »

As I recall, his consciousness is expunged from her mind, but she still retains his ionic energy and powers.

Your point? She has his powers but he is no longer within her.

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:07 AM »

Your point? She has his powers but he is no longer within her.

You said that "he hasn't been seen since".  He isn't seen then. In the scan I posted (which is the last time Simon is seen), she totally absorbs his corporal form and we have not seen that undone.  We are informed by the Counter Earth scientist that he has expunged Simon's consciousness from her mind but that is different from the energy composing his physical body which, by all indications, remains within her.  The scientist even states in the scan that "he courses through you" and this is after Simon's consciousness has been expunged:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lMM0k17BCyo/VMkWBXe9arI/AAAAAAAHsYI/Q05649C7Xrk/s1600/p16_17%2Bcopy.jpg

This is not to say that Simon will not be later shown to have been somehow reformed without her losing his power, but so far this has not been shown nor indicated.

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Nothing I said was incorrect while her having his powers remain meaningless. He isn't within her. Period.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 03:59:57 PM »

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Nothing I said was incorrect while her having his powers remain meaningless. He isn't within her. Period.

I think what he is saying is; that essentially what we have to go on right now is simply that his "body" has more or less been absorbed with his mind destroyed.

Though if you really want to get into it; was it ever really proved that the Wonder Man Scarlet Witch brought back was the real deal and not just some psionic construct she created?

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »

I think what he is saying is; that essentially what we have to go on right now is simply that his "body" has more or less been absorbed with his mind destroyed.

Though if you really want to get into it; was it ever really proved that the Wonder Man Scarlet Witch brought back was the real deal and not just some psionic construct she created?

Yep, that's it.  I was thinking more in line of his mind being erased, but "destroyed" works.

You're second point is a great way to bring Simon back and would explain a lot.

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:34:23 PM »

We don't really know if his mind is destroyed. All we really know is that he was expunged from Rogue so his earlier statement was not quite correct. He isn't in Rogue. He may be nothing now or he could be something. Either way we haven't seen anything of him since that occurrence.

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 08:31:42 AM »

We don't really know if his mind is destroyed. All we really know is that he was expunged from Rogue so his earlier statement was not quite correct. He isn't in Rogue. He may be nothing now or he could be something. Either way we haven't seen anything of him since that occurrence.

"He courses through you" is stated in the issue.  We're going into semantics, but I'm not sure how a statement nearly identical to what is said in the book could be wrong.  I get that you view the absence of the mind as the absence of the person, but clearly his biological/physical essence is in her.  She doesn't just absorb his power, she absorbs him completely. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:01:59 AM by Hulkster »

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 05:38:50 AM »

"He courses through you" is stated in the issue.  We're going into semantics, but I'm not sure how a statement nearly identical to what is said in the book could be wrong. 

Because he is actually separated from her. His power is in her but what makes Simon a being is no longer there. It is just a stupid argument on your part. I honestly don't care and was just pointing it out but you seemed to be interested in arguing really stupid point.

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »

"He courses through you" is stated in the issue.  We're going into semantics, but I'm not sure how a statement nearly identical to what is said in the book could be wrong. 

Because he is actually separated from her. His power is in her but what makes Simon a being is no longer there. It is just a stupid argument on your part. I honestly don't care and was just pointing it out but you seemed to be interested in arguing really stupid point.

Yes or no.  Does that which composed the entirety of Simon's physical body currently course through Rogue's body?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:35:57 PM by Hulkster »

Strange

• Buddy Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 01:07:00 AM »

Yes or no.  Does that which composed the entirety of Simon's physical body currently course through Rogue's body?

Is Simon's consciousness within Rogue? Stupid is, stupid does, son.

Hulkster

• Sherman Klump
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 01:28:09 AM »

Is Simon's consciousness within Rogue? Stupid is, stupid does, son.

No, Simon's consciousness is expunged.  No one taught you to not answer a question with a question? 

Now let's try again simp.  Don't run Forrest.  Simple yes or no.  I'm not asking if Simon is in Rogue (though the comic's dialogue says that he is), so your metaphysics based semantics argument that you have ignorantly turned this discussion into shouldn't apply.  My question is: 

Does that which composed the entirety of Simon's physical body currently course through Rogue's body?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:04:12 AM by Hulkster »
Pages: [1] 2