Herochat

Brock Failed UFC 200 Pre Fight Drug Test

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Brock Failed UFC 200 Pre Fight Drug Test
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »
Still not sure why they would be seen aa unsafe?

John Cena doesn't recover in 3 weeks from lifelong injuries because he visits sick kids in the hospital and drinks their spinal fluid.

Scans

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 10:11:04 PM »
It's unsafe because not everyone uses it, thus an unlevel playing field, especially in combat sports. You could argue that preparation provides for steroidal enhancements and not taking them, you run the risk of being left behind, but then most would argue back that the inequality the drugs create compensates for skill deficiency and heart (Will, moxy, gumption, grit, etc...) - Which it probably does.

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
It's unsafe because not everyone uses it, thus an unlevel playing field, especially in combat sports. You could argue that preparation provides for steroidal enhancements and not taking them, you run the risk of being left behind, but then most would argue back that the inequality the drugs create compensates for skill deficiency and heart (Will, moxy, gumption, grit, etc...) - Which it probably does.

It also allows people to compete longer than they should be; thus, extending the time during which you'll sustain brain trauma.  If people weren't on PEDs the head trauma issue would be vastly reduced, because enough head trauma would end your career, instead of having people play through severe brain damage using PEDs and making things worse.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
  • Eternia‚Äôs Greatest Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 07:59:33 PM »
Like most of these guys don't cheat.  Let them cheat.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »

It also allows people to compete longer than they should be; thus, extending the time during which you'll sustain brain trauma.  If people weren't on PEDs the head trauma issue would be vastly reduced, because enough head trauma would end your career, instead of having people play through severe brain damage using PEDs and making things worse.

Agree with both of these points.

These MMA guys just need to be more like the Crossfit Games athletes, those people get jacked and are 100% full natty.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 08:40:22 AM »

Agree with both of these points.

These MMA guys just need to be more like the Crossfit Games athletes, those people get jacked and are 100% full natty.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Please.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Please.

It's been so long since I lived in Canada, I forgot how earnest you guys can be.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU'RE BEING SARCASTIC