Herochat

The Protectorate

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
The Protectorate
« on: July 11, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »
Coming from the "X-Man" series are The Protectorate a homage of sorts to The Authority.

They fought; and died, against Qabiri aka The Burning Tiger.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/earth-253.htm

Members are:

Citydweller
Nightfighter
Technocrat
White Bird
Thor: (Not the one your thinking of)
Prof. X
Nicola Zeitgeist

Operated from:  The Fold Castle; existed in the "sub-space" which was other dimensional but at the same time enough a part of earth that it would be destroyed if earth was....possibly a reference to the "micro-verse"?

They ended hunger, fought off alien invasions and rebuilt time but couldn't stop The Burning Tiger.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
Re: The Protectorate
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »
City Dweller: 

Made from what seems to be "Living Concrete" of a sort and draws power from all the cities of the world.  That's about the sum total of knowledge on this guy.

Has some level of connection with them and their emotional states etc.....

Nightfighter:

Cerebral Cortex and nervous cord replaced by interlocking chain of micro-super computers that allow him to calculate a billion possibilities before you can blink. 

White Bird:  Has white wings, can fly.

Here she is either dodging shots from militia members or they are simply missing her, either way is a reasonable possibility.

Thor:  He flies; has an electrified Halo and dies fairly well....

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:17:43 PM by g-train »

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:49 PM »
Prof. X:

Real Name:  Nate Xavier (Despite bearing an uncanny resemblance to Nate Grey, presumably his father was Charles Xavier versus Scott Summers......Jean Grey must have strong genes I suppose or was it a combination of Charles Xavier and "Scott Summers" DNA?)

A world walker himself

Powers:

Psychic, walk the spiral/alternate realities, carried a dream ball that could short out psyches even Qabiri's, levitation/presumably some level of TK, dies from his arm being blown off.

Nicola Zeitgeist:  "The Spirit of the Age"

Believed herself to be The Spirit of The Age, that turned out to be untrue.

Powers/Abilities:

In this incarnation could turn into some kind of energy/electricity, do electro-energy style blasts and form a force field/sphere of electrical looking energy also fly.  Her blasts were powerful enough to affect a Qabiri level entity.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
Technocrat:

Name:  Kim

Powers/Abilities:  Has a "mecha-ganic" body with Nanites, though aside from her skin, hair and eyes seems pretty much mechanical to me.

Can create things and send them out of her/from her body, used her arms in this instance.  Can teleport a couple different ways and open fold castle's "folds/shunts" on top of that.  Can predict courses a flying body will take and where it will impact in short measure.

Mechanical body so presumably some level of enhanced stats.  Technocrat has the capacity to scan energy waves and forms.

Probably a genius. 

Name:

Force Fields:

Making robotic-scorpions to devour Qabiri's energy field/Scanning:

Can exist with lower body blown off/Regenerative capabilities of some kind:

Teleportation, mathematical abilities and Shunting:

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 11:28:16 PM »
So ultimately these guys are basically:  The Authority but generally weaker.

The "fold-castle" exists within earth's basic reality and dimensional space, different enough to be out of it but close enough to still be affected by it.

Also no indication it can travel or self-aware.

Nightfighter, billion different probabilities versus millions but no weapons, no indication that clothes are protective or made of unstable molecules or anything and the one fight he is in....is a complete pwnage on himself personally.

Technocrat also has to bring him to the Fold-Castle to be healed so presumably no regenerative or enhanced healing systems that Midnighter would have.

They use "cell-phones" of some kind instead of those nano-radio's the authority uses to communicate.

While Zeitgeist can transform into energy, aside from that her abilities seemed to have less versatility though maybe greater energy blasts than Jenny Sparks.

Prof. X:  I'm almost surprised they didn't go with "Doctor X" or  some such thing.  Presumably powerful but "The Doctor" is a reality warper limited really only by his imagination and competence.  Prof. X, not so much from what we saw.

Technocrat:  Generally comparable to The Engineer though less straight out offensive in her use of abilities, didn't tend to fly around.  Probably capable of taking a bit more damage after having been accrued.  Though who knows how tough she is. 

Thor:  Dumb, and dies pretty easy.

Could these guys have taken out Qabiri?  Possibly with a little more team work and luck on their side.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:37:48 PM »
Trying to think of all the references outside of The Authority is a stretch:

Nightfighter:

Blue shirt makes  me think maybe Lone Ranger.

Mask style with a star makes me think Captain America, possibly protocide if he was around then.

Prof. X:

His mask makes me think of Brainiac from DC or Molecule Man from Marvel for some reason.

White Bird:

Color scheme and name might be an ersatz reference to Red Raven?

Technocrat:

Gold body suit makes me think Iron Man but the helmet seems more like Mastermold and the cables from her back to arms suggest Apocalypse to me.

Thor:

The hair and skin color while obviously a possible reference to Superman, also a possible reference to Wonder Man.

Zeitgeist:

Ability to transform into an energy form possible reference to Jonni Thunder and/or Photon from Marvel.

Citydweller:

Nothing comes to mind.