Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best exercises that require no gym membership?  (Read 1381 times)

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Best exercises that require no gym membership?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 01:01:17 AM »

Tibetans?

Brocade?

Explain, very interested

shadowknight

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »

It depends if you want a short explantion or a detailed one. For now let me give you a short explanation, PM me if you are interested in a deeper explanation.

The 5 Tibetans was discovered by a British Officer in India roughly during the early 20 before india gained her independence. This officer feeling his age sought a way to extend, and reverse the degeneration of his body due to old age. So he searched throughout India and in Tibet he discovered a monastery were they practice a form of exercise that strengthen the organs and ultimately extended the lifespan, and also strengthens the body. While the exercises somewhat  resembles Yoga poses, they 're more powerful, easier to do and are just 5 exercises. Actually there's a 6th but it requires you give up having sex.

The 8 brocade has it's origin in Bodhidharma the famous  Indian Buddhist monk you taught the Shaolin Monks meditation, combat and Chi Gung. This is a simplistic explanation but the 8 Brocade can somewhat be describes as doing Tai Chi with only 8 movements. Originally there were 12 Brocades but over the centuries 4 were lost. Anyway done correctly they can extend the lifespan, increase strength and keep you in optimum health. Given Bodhidharma has said to have lived more than 165 yrs there's more than a gain of truth in the saying.

Aleinstein16

• Nursery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »

Olympic Rings

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 08:50:06 PM »

It depends are you looking for health or definition and size?

If you're looking for health I highly recommend the 5 Tibetans or 8 piece of brocade

If you are looking for definition and size. It's bicycling 2-5 miles a day, walking for 20 minutes that's a least 15 blocks, pushup at least 100, pull-ups at least 20, sit-ups at least 60

I've been doing a variation on this--

Running for 20 min
Push-ups, but much less. Like only a 5th to a 3rd
Chair lifts (don't know what to call them, for triceps) curls, a couple other things with waits
Sometimes sit-ups, but more often a Pilates video off the cable
Some swimming sometimes
Some Kayaking for a couple hours when it works for that day
Bunch of walking. Somewhere around 10,000 steps on average, with as much as 33,000 on my biggest walking day and like 4,000 on a less walking day

Don't need great definition and size but I'd like a little more size in some parts like arms and a little less size in some parts like waist. IDK I do what I can
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »

The Best Cardio workout I ever did is the M-100's.

10 burpees - 40 mountain climbers (counted as 10 reps) - 10 double-pump squats - repeat until you get to 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD9LwDBWW0

I started doing it back in March 2012. The first few weeks and it was fucking lethal. After a month or so I was able to do it every day and was trying to beat my previous time each attempt. After a year I was doing the exercise up to 250 reps each day. I dropped 10% bodyfat in a year (from 20 down to 10).

Stupidly stopped doing it around 2014.  :-[

Second best Cardio workout (the one I do now) is skipping for 10 minutes (either once or twice a day).
You address Omnipotence...tread carefully.
Pages: 1 [2]