Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Anyone lift weights?  (Read 20893 times)

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone lift weights?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 01:56:20 AM »

Lifting won't "bulk you up" to a comical level. It takes years of work, good genetics and a shitload of steroids to do that. Lifting will make you look good.

But yeah, swimming is awesome.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

XerxesTWD

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »

Benched 365x3 last week...
Sitting down on a bench 3 times doesn't count as benching!

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 05:50:28 AM »

Yeah, more recently I've been getting into running and bike riding and that seems to be keeping me sexy just as well as lifting weights.  I need to swim more, but it's hard to find pools that aren't crowded in my area.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »

I lift because i like it.
I dont diet pr any of that. Thats one thing i like about retirement. No more unrealistic height/weight standards.

Insane Titan

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »

Benched 365x3 last week...
375x1 about an hour ago, yeah!
so that's around the 170kg mark.

Not bad.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 08:26:43 AM »

Thanks.

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 02:24:59 AM »

Not bad. 170 kg is awesome

What's your training routine like Titan?

I'm in brazil as an mma fighter so I could talk about this for hours. :)

You're 210 at that body weight is unreal good on you!

I've found that my bench and dead really took off when I followed west sides protocols

Specifically mini workouts between dynamic and max effort for lagging parts.

Following dead lift and bench protocols had amazing carry over to wrestling and punching power
I found myself scoring duck unders to fast full body s uplexes to my surprise

For the serious lifters here, a few things that are bringing everything up.

Believe it or not.....serious body weight training and kettle bells mixed into my sessions

Jump stretch band volume work in between workouts......tying the purple band and hitting 100 tr extensions or upright rows, static back rows etc or anything else missing.

Worrying less about maxes and bringing up assistance exercises

Really strengthening my abs, I'm not at weight yet to show the 6 pack, but rope pull downs standing crunches.... I walk with better posture and feel healthier

Two awesome ones cuz I don't have a glute ham raise machine or a reverse hyper

Barbell  behind the neck with pitiful weight- 45 degree hyper extension chair, really extend the range of motion. No joke, if it was just about aesthetics your entire posterior chain will look good and tight

Good mornings can't get enough

Handstand wall pushups

Little things like that and proper recovery time to coincide with training. If you're not in something physical where you have to time your heavy days, recovery is easy

IMHO go to you tube, type in west side barbell or Louie Simmons and its like finding the instruction manual to being superhuman, those guys are badass. Louise Simmons at 70 and throwing around 4-500 pounds like no ones business

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 02:35:44 AM »

@ M t l

You can have a comically huge physique without steroids

Look up Jason ferrugia    or anything Vince Gironde ever wrote or said

Intensity and technique, the thing is how serious the individual wants to take it. You can look awesome even without 4 percent body fat and 18 inch biceps

Ill post a pic of my kb teacher and inspiration. 83 years old built like a shredded bodybuilder, and he literally chose to take off 7 kilos of muscle to play tennis better. Christian scientist so doesn't even like creatin d  let alone whatever crap bodybuilders are injecting

I have a friend who used one bodybuilding drug that made him look like a normal human who put on a muscle suit and the crap ate half his liver, in brazil it's really popular and called h I mogenise it's crazy shit but so  dangerous and unhealthy

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 07:12:53 AM »

Hell with that. If i'm gonna crash my liver i'll do it by drinking.

Insane Titan

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »

Not bad. 170 kg is awesome

What's your training routine like Titan?

I'm in brazil as an mma fighter so I could talk about this for hours. :)

You're 210 at that body weight is unreal good on you!

I've found that my bench and dead really took off when I followed west sides protocols

Specifically mini workouts between dynamic and max effort for lagging parts.

Following dead lift and bench protocols had amazing carry over to wrestling and punching power
I found myself scoring duck unders to fast full body s uplexes to my surprise

For the serious lifters here, a few things that are bringing everything up.

Believe it or not.....serious body weight training and kettle bells mixed into my sessions

Jump stretch band volume work in between workouts......tying the purple band and hitting 100 tr extensions or upright rows, static back rows etc or anything else missing.

Worrying less about maxes and bringing up assistance exercises

Really strengthening my abs, I'm not at weight yet to show the 6 pack, but rope pull downs standing crunches.... I walk with better posture and feel healthier

Two awesome ones cuz I don't have a glute ham raise machine or a reverse hyper

Barbell  behind the neck with pitiful weight- 45 degree hyper extension chair, really extend the range of motion. No joke, if it was just about aesthetics your entire posterior chain will look good and tight

Good mornings can't get enough

Handstand wall pushups

Little things like that and proper recovery time to coincide with training. If you're not in something physical where you have to time your heavy days, recovery is easy

IMHO go to you tube, type in west side barbell or Louie Simmons and its like finding the instruction manual to being superhuman, those guys are badass. Louise Simmons at 70 and throwing around 4-500 pounds like no ones business
my 1 max rep is currently at 205kg

I train 5 days a week, 1 body part a day but double up on a couple.

With larger body parts I tend to do around 4-5 exerciseswith 3-4 sets with around 8-12 rep range.

With cardio I usually do 30 mins twice a week at a high intensity.

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:35 AM »

Tha'ts bad ass. Im fucking beat at the moment but I'll ask more about your routine later. For the next 45-60 days, I'm working triple hard on extreme conditioning and strength/muscle mass

Planning on doing a lot in 2015 and feeling like a change up in body composition and things I've lacked in (I really could be better in some areas of conditioning and I've got an amazing trainer friend teaching me things I never dreamed of). I'd like to add quality muscle mass and functional strength to the mix. So I'll check in tomorrow. G'nite and sounds awesome, good on you

Insane Titan

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »

Tha'ts bad ass. Im fucking beat at the moment but I'll ask more about your routine later. For the next 45-60 days, I'm working triple hard on extreme conditioning and strength/muscle mass

Planning on doing a lot in 2015 and feeling like a change up in body composition and things I've lacked in (I really could be better in some areas of conditioning and I've got an amazing trainer friend teaching me things I never dreamed of). I'd like to add quality muscle mass and functional strength to the mix. So I'll check in tomorrow. G'nite and sounds awesome, good on you
i will be interested to see what you say. Good luck with it.

My pals I tried with know their stuff, one used to compete a few back but had to have a major op on his bicep , so he can't compete any more

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 04:38:39 AM »

Its late again - didn't get home till late but I've been in MMA for a while, though I have had a stop/start career. I fought a ton and spent too much time getting my black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - got sick for a while with issues with type 1 diabetes - but new medicines have brought me back into being able to come back to the fight world and make a real run for it now

I'm at a nice point - my skill set in MMA is unusual and difficult for a lot of people - I've always spent a lot of time on combat arts and parts of combat arts that other people don't pay attention to.

So tired but tomorrow I'd really like to pick your brain about hyertrophy and hyperplasia - plus what exercises have worked for you in my lagging body parts or parts that I think should be better - as you're immensely strong - I'm presuming that's a lot of functional strength that will work for me and build the muscle mass while I take off the weight. OK sleep, then Ill post and maybe pm tomorrow

Ramz

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 04:39:20 AM »

I haven't done a bench routine in ages. I've done it sporadically, for fun, but never stuck to an actual routine. I think the last thing I remember doing was 215lbs for 5 x 5, and that felt hard as shit.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 05:24:29 AM »

Thats not bad. You dont have to be a gym rat (or copy paste routines from fitness sites) to look and feel good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26