Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Anyone lift weights?  (Read 20897 times)

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
Anyone lift weights?
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »

Benched 365x3 last week...

Rufio

• Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone lift weights?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »

Extremely impressive, RIV. That's about my one rep max on deadlift you're benching for reps. What's your calorie/protein intake and programming like? You could win some local powerlifting meets if your squat and deadlift are proportionate.

The past year I've made my fastest progress since I was a newb by finally ditching bro splits and doing planned power building routines, including 3X3 heavy training when I cut. When I get a bit older and stop caring about maintaining low bodyfat I'd like to switch to more pure strength work and see where I can get.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »

I like 5/3/1. It's very simple, and very flexible.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • Administrator
  • King
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »

I was hurt for a while and just started lifting again last month. Lost a ton of my bench. Can still put up 315 comfortably. But i usually do 5 sets on the flat, incline benches, and then another 5 sets on the decline hammer strength at 12,10,8,6,4 in terms of reps.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »

Looking to get back in the 400 range, once I hit that goal with those kind of reps, I'll start the 5x5's to really add on some power.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »

Extremely impressive, RIV. That's about my one rep max on deadlift you're benching for reps. What's your calorie/protein intake and programming like? You could win some local powerlifting meets if your squat and deadlift are proportionate.

The past year I've made my fastest progress since I was a newb by finally ditching bro splits and doing planned power building routines, including 3X3 heavy training when I cut. When I get a bit older and stop caring about maintaining low bodyfat I'd like to switch to more pure strength work and see where I can get.

Damn, wish i could go to the gym with you guys. Out here i'm on my own.

Doing the opposite of dieting actually. Since retiring i cut my running to 20-24 miles a week as opposed to 10-12 a day. Gained about 35lbs putting me at 220.
Just eating and relaxing.
I have a deadlift goal, 20 reps with 350. About 8 reps off that at the moment. Dont really squat though, hurts the knees...

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:02:44 AM »

@ Rufio

You have a deadlifters body. IMHO if you followed something like the westside barbell prorgam and tweaked it a bit by adding in a few moves that were bodybuilding-ish and just dieting correctly, you could get up to class 70 strength in short order. In 2-3 years - top tier easy

Seriously though if you put together a deadlift-centric program and worked your upper body  as you wanted to with a clean diet you could be ginormous and shredded. If you eat quality food you'll stay shredded even if you get bigger

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 04:11:34 AM »

This is true.
I'd follow that advice myself, but honestly i'm lazy. 20+ years of structure have given me the yen to just wing it...

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:14 AM »

Damn, wish i could go to the gym with you guys. Out here i'm on my own.

Doing the opposite of dieting actually. Since retiring i cut my running to 20-24 miles a week as opposed to 10-12 a day. Gained about 35lbs putting me at 220.
Just eating and relaxing.
I have a deadlift goal, 20 reps with 350. About 8 reps off that at the moment. Dont really squat though, hurts the knees...
Just got back from the gym, couldn't do legs because I forgot my knee sleeves and i'm terrified to do squats or deads without them. SO i just murdered my traps, rhomboids, and delts.

I'm sad.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »

I love doing shoulders. Walk around feeling like the Hulk!

I can relate to you wanting the sleeves. Way better to be safe. My knees are tore up from running for so long, so i wouldnt want to try squatting even with them!
Also, i wrote that deadlift jnfo wrong. 8 reps is what i'm doing right now, still have s long way to go!

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 06:56:30 AM »

Yeah i did a set at 135 and another at 225, went up to 315 and wussed out because i didn't bring my sleeves. My left knee is in rough shape and i don't want to make it any worse.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »

No, dont do that!
Once the knees go, thats it. Game over, man.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »

Yeah, the brand I use is rehbands. Decent price, and definitely provide that support i need. If anyone is looking for knee sleeves or supporters, definitely look into these.

http://www.rehband.ca/

That's the website, but they have them on amazon too.

Ramz

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »

Yeah, the brand I use is rehbands. Decent price, and definitely provide that support i need. If anyone is looking for knee sleeves or supporters, definitely look into these.

http://www.rehband.ca/

That's the website, but they have them on amazon too.

I use the same ones.

Prime

• Administrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

Nice. One of the girls on my staff is an olympic weightlifter and she was the one who suggested them to me. Actually gave me my first pair. They're awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26