Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: In the New Superman #17 Superman is even stronger than he was measured  (Read 1449 times)

shadowknight

• Wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet

Superman punches H'El so hard it can be felt even at the center of the Earth and to the farthest edge of the atmosphere at the JLA statellite. The Doctor that measured his power lvl says" He's not holding back. Power lvl is exceeding what I previously recorded." Realized she examined him for 5 days working out with hew equivalent of the weight of a planet. This proves Jelly right when Superman doesn't hold back his power lvl is pretty close to incalculable.
NeoGreenLantern wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with getting off by forcing a teenage boy into a tight leather and having fight psychotic masterminds that would have no problem killing him in the most brutal way possible

Philosophía

• Legionnaire

Ramz

• VIP
  • The Celestial
  • Congress Tart. Congress Tart.

Superman punches H'El so hard it can be felt even at the center of the Earth and to the farthest edge of the atmosphere at the JLA statellite. The Doctor that measured his power lvl says" He's not holding back. Power lvl is exceeding what I previously recorded." Realized she examined him for 5 days working out with hew equivalent of the weight of a planet. This proves Jelly right when Superman doesn't hold back his power lvl is pretty close to incalculable.

Or that it proves people are better when they're fighting for the planet and not bench pressing in a gym.

Shitty nappy whizzing through the air, you don’t see that in the brochures.

Dutchy Brown from outta Town

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
  • I single handedly saved Herochat. Twice.

What a ridiculous costume for the Doctor, haha.

Winning a bet equals making a bet with nobody that takes you up on it and then proclaiming yourself the winner.

Hamburglar

• VIP
  • The face of the World Dog Wrestling Federation

Or that it proves people are better when they're fighting for the planet and not bench pressing in a gym.

Nah, it proves Jelly right.

Okay, let's pack it up, boys.

• VIP
  • Wrath of God

It was fun while it lasted, I suppose.

Where do we go now, WyntyrJayHamMike?

Winning a bet equals making a bet with nobody that takes you up on it and then proclaiming yourself the winner.

Tony XerxēsTWD Stark

• I'm just not the hero type, clearly.
  • Administrator
  • Wrath of God
  • S119 POTM 10/03 Best Sig SHC:04,05,07 ICT:03-05

He's finally almost up to Cell saga Goku levels.

Panthergod

• Members' Pics VIP
  • The Celestial

Cool, so people are finally not deliberately lying to themselves what was blatantly shown in 1963, 1981, 1988, 1991, 2000, and 2002.

Hamburglar

• VIP

Okay, boys. Jelly's wrong again. We can stay.

• VIP
  • Wrath of God

I like all the specific years

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
Re: In the New Superman #17 Superman is even stronger than he was measured
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:19 pm »

In fact I like numbers

superlurker

• Superman wins. Just let that be said, so I don't have to repeat myself too often. Superman is also much, much better than your favorite hero in any conceivable way. Doom rules, Thanos drools. Also, Hitler is still dead.
  • Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 07:12:07 pm »

I was so excited to learn that Superman was even stronger than how strong he was when he was really, really, really, really strong. But maybe he's even stronger than that too? Just a thought. He could be even stronger.

Tony XerxēsTWD Stark

• Administrator
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 07:22:17 pm »

I didn't even consider that possibility. You're pretty smart, after all, superlurker!

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 07:22:46 pm »

I was so excited to learn that Superman was even stronger than how strong he was when he was really, really, really, really strong. But maybe he's even stronger than that too? Just a thought. He could be even stronger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x84m3YyO2oU

Hamburglar

• VIP

HalloweenJack

• Members' Pics VIP
  • Guardian of the Universe
  • Chazzywackers.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

I like all the specific years

you know, honestly the first thing it reminded me of was somebody (shadowknight maybe?) in a thread, i'm thinking the Batman vs a Sentinel thread, where says Batman has easily defeated and faced down robots and the like before.

i think Xerxes asked what issues these would be in and he just lists entire titles like "It happened in Justice League. Batman. World's Finest" etc.

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 04:19:35 am »

you know, honestly the first thing it reminded me of was somebody (shadowknight maybe?) in a thread, i'm thinking the Batman vs a Sentinel thread, where says Batman has easily defeated and faced down robots and the like before.

i think Xerxes asked what issues these would be in and he just lists entire titles like "It happened in Justice League. Batman. World's Finest" etc.
Ah but he didn't have the years

He just went "Read the books. ALL OF THEM."

The Question

• Members' Pics VIP
  • Asgardian

That's what you say while you whup someone's ass.

safado

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »

LOL at videos

Glad to see they are maintaining Superman's dynamic a it has always been

Wish they would have explained a little more about who H'el was and how he got to be a Kryptonian with extras - very cool ending but wanted more
Atheism: The only religion dedicated to the smug worship of one's own narcissistic self

Pillow Biter

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 10:19:17 pm »

You guys are jumping the gun. In the past, the idea that Superman got more of a boost out of going all out that other heroes was based on a confluence of factors, including a theoretical basis having been provided and the frequency with which going all out showed a significant boost. This is a step in that direction, but we are by no means there yet. Frankly, taken just on its own, this is nothing different than other heroes dropping the gloves and getting an adrenaline boost.
Strider119 is the man

Panthergod

• Members' Pics VIP
  • The Celestial
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

It looks like she eas actively measuring his power at the time. If so..no , this is not an adrenaline rush.

safado

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:04:40 am »

What the fuck did you read?

The narration stopped just short of someone stepping in and saying "this just in....we have breaking news that when Superman is no longer holding back, he can become virtually limitless when necessary."

Of course, I'm a drooling idiot fanboy, but that was one step short of "Angier Hul get, stronger Hulk get" - except switch in a square -jawed "mister I'm not holding back any longer"

The WHOLE story arc nothing could touch H'el. Supergirl,      who had a drag out fight with Wonder Woman - the second most powerful being on the earth who is so powerful that just the thought of her and Superman together made the government put together a group of psychotic criminals and Martian Manhunter as a counter just in case (cause Stormwatch would just consider it beneath them) - bounced off of H'el and nearly hurt herself fighting him

H'el nearly killed Superboy with a hand wave and even Wonder Woman asked the rest of the league - who could do nothing to even scratch him - "how do we stop a being so powerful." WW, the same WW that had a good fight with Supergirl - who just bounced off of H'el's chest like a nerf ball

Superman flew from 1 light year approximately (cause I'm a geek and they said Superman was about 180,000 miles away from earth - which is 6,000 miles away from a light year) - to go fight a guy who he couldn't even touch for the majority of the story arc, until he "stopped holding back and dropped H'el and bloodied and dropped him in two punches"

flew in in about a second to save everyone's collective hide and punched H'el so hard that Cyborg and Batman were shaken in the JLA satellite about a half light year orbiting the earth

then a sexy doctor dressed in lingerie who lives in the center of the earth walks out and states to make it even more clear - "Superman is no longer holding back - his power levels are even way bitching higher than when I measured them - which by the way he was benchpressing the earth and we couldn't find any  more weight without trying to suck in another dimesnion"

So a punch from Superman rattled batman's teeth 120,000 miles away and Cyborg just said -"ain' that some shit."

All that was missing was asplash page saying "attention readers - Superman is no longer, we repeat no longer - holding back!"

and you're saying "whoa hold on there folks, this could be just like anyone else taking a red bull and looking steely eyed?"

I admit that on occasion I've missed the sublte imagery and themes of deftly written stories  - such as the golden thread chapter in a tale of two cities -

This - was not subtle

I repeat - a sexy doctor in lingerie came out with a chart - with a panel looking directly at the reader and said' Superman is no longer holding back and boy is he off the charts"

I don't think anything short of a heart to heart talk with the writer would convince you

Atheism: The only religion dedicated to the smug worship of one's own narcissistic self

Tony XerxēsTWD Stark

• Administrator
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 12:07:28 am »

A light year is how long it takes light to travel a year.

The sun is about 8 light minutes away.

safado

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 12:11:22 am »

mistook it for light speed - 186,000 mph

the narration said he was 180,000 miles out

The JLA sat (FML that I even remember this) was supposedly about 120,000 miles off earth orbiting it

Tony XerxēsTWD Stark

• Administrator
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 02:11:19 am »

mistook it for light speed - 186,000 mph

the narration said he was 180,000 miles out

The JLA sat (FML that I even remember this) was supposedly about 120,000 miles off earth orbiting it
186,000 miles per second.

safado

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 04:35:19 am »

I'm full of geek errors today - I'm fully awake now so my geek factor will be tighter, I wrote that while exhausted - so I have my excuse dam it

Tony XerxēsTWD Stark

• Administrator
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 04:44:28 am »

Damn*

safado

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 04:54:15 am »

?

Indra THUNDERER

• VIP
  • Avenger
INDRA THE THUNDERER....LORD OF THE STORM

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 05:56:22 am »

Damn*

Bother, I was already nearly finished!

80sBaby

• There's only one God
  • Members' Pics VIP
  • Avenger

Pillow Biter

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 09:58:43 am »

First off, there is no indication that the Doctor was directly measuring his innate power levels via a scan of him or some kind of sensor on him. It looks like she was just inferring it from the power of his punches. So again, that could be like any other hero cutting loose: damage out put goes up.

I'm just saying, be patient. It certainly looks like they are picking up with the "all-out" motif where it was left off in the old DCU. I suspect that is what is happening, but there isn't anything definitive yet.

The main thing is that without a theoretical basis having been provided, it takes a lot longer to infer a unique holding back/all-out mechanism for Superman. In the old DCU, they specifically stated on many occasions that he not only holds back MORE than other heroes, but also that there was a special mentally-regulated mechanism governing his powers. When that is explicitly stated, then a few examples illustrating this go a long way. Without that being provided, one needs to be a lot more conservative in coming to conclusions.
Strider119 is the man

fangirl101

• The Greatest WW fan in the history of the Character. Creator of the famed WW respect threads at KMC and HC. WW will live on forever. And no one can take her place among the ELITES. She is the one and only original Female Character to ever reach Elite Stat
  • Guardian of the Universe
  • Wonder Woman, Darkside, and Takion. That is all.
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:59 am »

Safado,dear sweet child. Did at any time during the WW/SG fight or during the H'el saga, WW remove her bracers and God mode?

superlurker

• Superman wins. Just let that be said, so I don't have to repeat myself too often. Superman is also much, much better than your favorite hero in any conceivable way. Doom rules, Thanos drools. Also, Hitler is still dead.
  • Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 12:31:32 pm »

First off, there is no indication that the Doctor was directly measuring his innate power levels via a scan of him or some kind of sensor on him. It looks like she was just inferring it from the power of his punches. So again, that could be like any other hero cutting loose: damage out put goes up.

I'm just saying, be patient. It certainly looks like they are picking up with the "all-out" motif where it was left off in the old DCU. I suspect that is what is happening, but there isn't anything definitive yet.

The main thing is that without a theoretical basis having been provided, it takes a lot longer to infer a unique holding back/all-out mechanism for Superman. In the old DCU, they specifically stated on many occasions that he not only holds back MORE than other heroes, but also that there was a special mentally-regulated mechanism governing his powers. When that is explicitly stated, then a few examples illustrating this go a long way. Without that being provided, one needs to be a lot more conservative in coming to conclusions.

There is one conclusion one can draw that has nearly universal applicability when it comes to comics: Superman wins.

Pillow Biter

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »

Preach on Superbrother!
Strider119 is the man

safado

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 05:17:35 pm »

???

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/damn

Thought damn was damn as in damnation and dam is where beavers hang out etc.......?

You know PB, despite my thesis of Superman Wins (as an all-encompassing truth) I'm giving you shit because the issue all but sent out free temporary tattoo's saying "holding back factor is officially in nuDCU canon"

Superman and his mental state relating to his powers is , as Jelly said, nearly the same as Hulk's but with a different dynamic. The common idea in both (IMHO) is that when push comes to shove, they can do whatever needs to be done power-wise. Mark Millar wrote about this in an interview I read somewhere recently.

superlurker

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 05:22:34 pm »

You know PB, despite my thesis of Superman Wins (as an all-encompassing truth)

"Superman wins" is ©®™ superlurker.

safado

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

Your trademark and my philosophy - see you in court - Norwegian court cuz I'm serious!

shadowknight

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 08:11:18 am »

While I'm not as long winded as Safado the caption clearly says " He's not holding back. Power lvl exceeding what I previously recorded". What more do you need? Stop channeling  your inner Quanchi. Had it simply said he's not holding back your paragraph would be more than accurate. She said "Power lvl exceeding what I previously recorded" implies she's measuring his power lvl again.
NeoGreenLantern wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with getting off by forcing a teenage boy into a tight leather and having fight psychotic masterminds that would have no problem killing him in the most brutal way possible

safado

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 03:42:28 pm »

LONG WINDED!!!!!

Listen buddy by the end of this 4 page essay on why I'm NOT long-winded you'll..........never mind TL;DR

that's my trademark now TL;DR
Pages: [1] 2