Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So, new rumor is that Nolan runs DC superhero movies  (Read 1084 times)

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
  • Wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet
  • PLEASE HELP ME BEAT THE DUTCHMEN TO -100 KARMA
Re: So, new rumor is that Nolan runs DC superhero movies
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 03:39:28 am »

Your points aren't bad as well.

Can we spoon now?
I...yes. :-[
Yea but he isnt worst then regular comic book batman in that regard.
Sure he is. Comic book Batman has crazy shit like lasers the size of pens, nanites, sonics and the like and is able to think of all of his own solutions. (And I'm not sure but if he's anything like JLU Bats he also has explosives and taser knuckles that can affect top tiers) Nolan Batman tends to get smarter people to do most of his problem solving for him.
See, I would actually find that interesting. So Gotham/Batman is grounded in reality? Then UN-Ground it- have people be all "Holy motherfucking shit, this guy is FLYING and the most powerful person we've ever seen up to this point can just break a pillar with his fists! Do some "heroes in the real world" shit with them- think of how CRAZY Superman would be in a more realistic world.
But the question isn't whether or not we could fix or undue all of Nolan's stupid rules by throwing Superman into the mix...The question is whether or not the rules were stupid -- or at least pointless -- to begin with and they were.
Also, Rock pointed out to me that the Bat-movies so far have used Bat-Sonar and Fear-Gas in the water supply (aka the most super-villainy plan EVER), so it's not totally a realistic world.
Neither was designed by Batman, one was never used by him, the other was never used after its first use, the sonar didn't do much of anything that couldn't be done more effectively by real world technology and it still pales in comparison to what Superman will be wading through and just about anything from the Marvel movie verse, neither is far off from what's already been/being developed/done through other means. If Cracked is to be believed they've already tested triggering terror and hallucinations through ultra low frequency sounds not to mention the chemicals that were already being developed. Sarin>>>fear gas anyway. And remember the shitty "weapons" I mentioned that Batman actually utilized.

Think about it like this: The craziest thing you guys have mentioned from a Nolan bat movie is gas and sonar, some maybe average things Superman might be doing would be vaporizing robots with his eyes as he gets knocked through buildings, demolishing them without effort as he hears the whole world from space. If it's anything like Singer's Superman he'll then go ahead and fly an entire Island of his one weakness out to space while he's at it just for shits and giggles.

The Hound

• Handy Sandy
  • VIP
  • The Celestial
  • Master of Killing the Fuck Outta Fucks
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 06:13:02 am »

Nolan being in charge of the JLA movie would probably not give WB the type of universe fans will actually want.

But maybe it would give them the universe they deserve.

10 outta 10 Lannisters can go fuck themselves.

The Hound

• Handy Sandy
  • VIP
  • The Celestial
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 06:13:28 am »

And fuck you for setting that up, X. I couldn't God damn resist it!!!!

IamtheRock3

• VIP
    • www.cbhairandbeauty.com
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 12:49:06 pm »

You're kinda exaggerating things here!
*Gotham was NEVER portrayed as a warzone. In Begins, people ran around paranoid & scared from Scarecrow's fear gas. The escaped crims were rounded up by the cops & Bats dealt w/Rhas.
In TDK, The Joker terrorises the mafia, Gotham's politicians & police force. In TDKR, Bane takes control of Gotham through force & intimidation. None of these suggests a warzone.

And what version does Bane have an army of "super-ninjas"? He had a handful of loyal followers then recruited homeless kids & bums off the streets & later the criminals he set free.
Super Ninjas, really!!?!

Batman stop Bane?
The version I saw was Selina pulling the trigger that ultimately ended Bane before he was about to finish Bats off.

Batman whup Bane's ass

Then Talia stabbed him. Bane was about to attack again then Selina stepped in

I wouldnt deffintly describe Gotham as a warzone under bane, an occupied war, where he turn Gothamnite into inssuragent. People were get drag out of thier offices and tossed out of builinds. All the cops were trapped. There was tanks running around in the streets, trials, people being force to walk on ice rivers, people with guns on top of buildings. Thats a warzone my friend

And Really Captain American didnt do anything that crazy in his movie. But hung with Thor and hulk

Same with black widow and hawkeye.
strider poster of the month may 2007

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1070584060

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 02:41:33 pm »

Are you serious right now? Hawkeye's no look shot alone was crazier than anything Baleman did as was his curved shot that took out the helicarrier. Widow's jump and hold on move with that Glider was ridiculous by Nolan standards as well and if pressed I'm sure I could think of more and that's with a couple minutes of screen time each.

Cap did things like keeping up with speeding cars on foot, lifting motorcycles with people on them and having a shield that could send Thor and Ironman flying and redirect energy beams. And let's not forget the crazy shit he faced that was from the past.

Dutchy Brown from outta Town

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
  • I single handedly saved Herochat. Twice.
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 02:44:23 pm »

Nah I'd say all the police from underneath the tunnels going back up to fight against Bane's league of Shadows constitutes a warzone. Temporarily.

And Really Captain American didnt do anything that crazy in his movie. But hung with Thor and hulk

Same with black widow and hawkeye.
This is bullshit and horseshit.
In fact it's burseshit.
You just said burseshit.

Winning a bet equals making a bet with nobody that takes you up on it and then proclaiming yourself the winner.

IamtheRock3

• VIP
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

Are you serious right now? Hawkeye's no look shot alone was crazier than anything Baleman did as was his curved shot that took out the helicarrier. Widow's jump and hold on move with that Glider was ridiculous by Nolan standards as well and if pressed I'm sure I could think of more and that's with a couple minutes of screen time each.

Cap did things like keeping up with speeding cars on foot, lifting motorcycles with people on them and having a shield that could send Thor and Ironman flying and redirect energy beams. And let's not forget the crazy shit he faced that was from the past.

Hulk took out the hellecarrier, Hawkeye just damage part of it. As well as other people around. and end up getting beat up by widow. Batman was responble for taking out an army.

Yea widow did some wild stuff in the movie but before Avenger Widow was pulling that shit. She was a chick who knew kung fu. She wasnt leaping on Iron man's back or anything or dodging his missles

they just upped her ability for the movie. Pretty sure they do the same for Batman

Hamburglar

• VIP
  • The face of the World Dog Wrestling Federation
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:00 pm »

Are you seriously trying to compare Avengers movie feats to Nolan-Batman movie feats? There's a reason why the latter was so grounded in reality. So it wouldn't have the hokey bs that the Avengers movie featured. There is no comparison and it's laughable that you'd argue that. Also, you're a stupid person and an even worse human being.

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »

Hulk took out the hellecarrier, Hawkeye just damage part of it.
I'm going to rewatch to be sure. I'm pretty sure you're wrong but that wasn't even the fucking point to begin with. The shot in and of itself was crazier than anything Baleman did. Widow, Hawkeye and Cap were less realistic than Nolan's Batman. Period.

Yea widow did some wild stuff in the movie but before Avenger Widow was pulling that shit. She was a chick who knew kung fu. She wasnt leaping on Iron man's back or anything or dodging his missles
What point do you think you're making? Before Avengers, Widow was already more impressive than Baleman and existed in the world of Ironman...hardly Nolan-esque. That she was more of a side character who didn't get to show off doesn't say much. That she did crazier thing in two side roles than Batman did starring in 3 movies ought to tell you something.

they just upped her ability for the movie. Pretty sure they do the same for Batman
Again, the question isn't whether or not you could undue Nolan's dumbass rules. The question is whether or not they're stupid.

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:39 pm »

Are you seriously trying to compare Avengers movie feats to Nolan-Batman movie feats? There's a reason why the latter was so grounded in reality. So it wouldn't have the hokey bs that the Avengers movie featured. There is no comparison and it's laughable that you'd argue that. Also, you're a stupid person and an even worse human being.
[/thread]

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »

The scene in Iron Man 2 puts her on par with Batman EASILY.
Her FIRST scene in Avengers puts her ABOVE HIM.

Winning a bet equals making a bet with nobody that takes you up on it and then proclaiming yourself the winner.

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:13 pm »

Agreed. She dealt with armed men more effectively than Batman dealt with dogs for instance.

Hamburglar

• VIP
  • The face of the World Dog Wrestling Federation
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2013, 05:03:40 pm »

Batman would have lost to a fucking log in Batman Begins if it wasn't for My Cocaine encouraging him.

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

lol

superlurker

• Superman wins. Just let that be said, so I don't have to repeat myself too often. Superman is also much, much better than your favorite hero in any conceivable way. Doom rules, Thanos drools. Also, Hitler is still dead.
  • Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 05:42:13 pm »

Batman would have lost to a fucking log in Batman Begins if it wasn't for My Cocaine encouraging him.

But then he beat the log. So maybe the secret weapon Batman needs to be in the JLA is running around with My Cocaine and getting him to shout motivational slurs at him.

"Look at that gentleman over there pushing the Moon around. What's the point of all those bloody push-ups if you can't even lift a bloody skyscraper?"

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:06 pm »

Agreed. She dealt with armed men more effectively than Batman dealt with dogs for instance.

Well in all fairness if a dog bit Black Widow on the arm she'd probably have a similar scene.

Against dudes though, Batman was far above both terrorists and SWAT (in unison) working them against each other so there's that..

But Black Widow was handcuffed on a chair and overpowered her "captors".

HalloweenJack

• Members' Pics VIP
  • Guardian of the Universe
  • Chazzywackers.
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2013, 06:15:21 pm »

in bare stocking feet

rrrrrow.

• VIP
  • Wrath of God
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2013, 06:21:18 pm »

rrrrrow  chicka row row

Dictionary-Barry

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 06:34:36 pm »

Well in all fairness if a dog bit Black Widow on the arm she'd probably have a similar scene.
To be fair that dog would have been kicked, tased or had its neck snap before that ever happened. It never would have touched her.
Against dudes though, Batman was far above both terrorists and SWAT (in unison) working them against each other so there's that..
Do you mean when he was the only one who could see? Please tell me you're not talking about that...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:37:17 pm by Dictionary-Barry »

The Hound

• Handy Sandy
  • VIP
  • The Celestial
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »

But then he beat the log. So maybe the secret weapon Batman needs to be in the JLA is running around with My Cocaine and getting him to shout motivational slurs at him.

"Look at that gentleman over there pushing the Moon around. What's the point of all those bloody push-ups if you can't even lift a bloody skyscraper?"

Hahahaha

safado

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »

Seconded

I thought the SWAT/Police scene was great. It was meant to show how clever batman was - he maneuvered them into a position where they snared themselves. if it were Movie Cap or Widow, Cap would have just beat the shit out of every one and sonned them or Widow would have shown her tits and everyone would have stopped and looked and then she fires tasers or whatnot (that's the version in my head)

I think the hardest thing about putting Baleman in the suit again is the timeline. The series wrapped up perfectly. Definitive end. Unless it's some sort of JJ Abram'esque Star Trek like alternate universe, its a hard sell

Atheism: The only religion dedicated to the smug worship of one's own narcissistic self

Bandido

• VIP
  • Snap, crackle and pop.
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »

Armitage might be a decent choice for the role of Batman...

safado

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2013, 11:42:03 pm »

who? The guy from the facebook movie? That dude?
Atheism: The only religion dedicated to the smug worship of one's own narcissistic self

Bandido

• VIP
  • Snap, crackle and pop.
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 01:29:34 am »

Guy who played Thorin.

cray

• Members' Pics VIP
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:01 pm »

Shot at 2007-07-21

Strider119 Poster of the Month Feb 06

The Hound

• Handy Sandy
  • VIP
  • The Celestial
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 04:11:32 pm »

Guy who played Thorin.

He was also the first Nazi Cap beat up in his movie. So if cast as Batman, nerds would no doubt "lol" over the fact that Batman took a suicide pill rather than get hammered by Cap more.

HalloweenJack

• Members' Pics VIP
  • Guardian of the Universe
  • Chazzywackers.
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:31 pm »

He was also the first Nazi Cap beat up in his movie. So if cast as Batman, nerds would no doubt "lol" over the fact that Batman took a suicide pill rather than get hammered by Cap more.

but man, the HC debates that would forge

IamtheRock3

• VIP
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 09:06:15 pm »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/11/why-a-batmansuperman-movie-needs-to-happen-before-jla

nice little article why world finest movie first would be a good idea

Pages: 1 [2]