Comic Forums > ICT

Thanos w/hotu vs. The Presence

<< < (7/12) > >>

Pillow Biter:
DCU presence and Vertigo's ideas about him aren't exactly the same thing always.

Nevertheless, much more interesting than this thread is what did God mean when he said he was shaped by external forces?  What forces?  And that "none of us can be our own maker"?  Isn't that the definition of big G GOD - that you be your own maker?

Kevdude:
The point that God was trying to make was the Universe retconned God/The Presence to create everything before the Big Bang or at the same time The Source came into being within the Void, they are one and the same, its a paradox. As Lucifer who has tried for all time to derail his plan,  much more then Thanos has ever done or ever been shown to do,  Thanos fell for TOAA/Gods plan and was used,  if Thanos was truly supreme he would have "kept" TOAA's power but still was not.  It must be said there is no comparison between Thanos w THOTU and a real supreme being like The Presence/TOAA or MoM as they was created before and after time.

The Presence blinks him away on a island.  ;)

Vinny van Gog:
Blah blah blah blah, blah.

Bleh.

Vinny van Gog:

--- Quote from: Pillow Biter on August 31, 2009, 07:08:15 am ---DCU presence and Vertigo's ideas about him aren't exactly the same thing always.

Nevertheless, much more interesting than this thread is what did God mean when he said he was shaped by external forces?  What forces?  And that "none of us can be our own maker"?  Isn't that the definition of big G GOD - that you be your own maker?

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure quanchi just switched the order of those pages around, but even if that's not the case, they're still remarkably devoid of any context.

Carrotmanboy:
I don't know, to be honest this could be a stalemate, but my impression after reading The End was that TOAA was still present, and always one step beyond Thanos. Yes Thanos was almost omnipotent... but again, my (I could be wrong) interpretation was that in the end, Thanos was nothing but a puppet in TOAA hands.

So, while I see the possibilty of a stalemate, I'm leaning for The Presence victory most of the times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version